Tuesday, November 3, 2009

This past week has been great. I have busy doing many different things.

On Thursday, we went to Mochipapa Trust for a Caregiver/Nutrition meeting.

On Friday, we went to Chabbabboma Trust - where there is a banana plantation. It was about a 3 hour car ride, 2 of the hours were off-roading. :)
When we arrived, the caregivers came up to us and greeted us by singing and clapping their hands. It was such a warm welcome. I loved it.
Then we had a tour of the plantation, saw Lake Kariba (one of the largest man-made lakes in the world)
We had lunch with the caregivers (they made Nshima, chicken and greens) - delicious :)

On Saturday my church group lead 3 sessions at the missions conference at Choma Central. We talked about Missions, Worship, and Making Disciples - we also did the "Everything" skit by Lifehouse (if you haven't seen it, go to youtube.com - its great), sang a few songs, and I signed a song for the group.
Since it was Halloween, the activity night was a costume party. Lisa and I dressed up as "Doctor Pepper" good times

On Sunday - went to church and did homework during the afternoon

On Monday - we went out with Hospice for Home-Based-Care Visits...we ended up spending all day at the Rural Health Clinic. They tested for HIV, counseled, and educated the people. I enjoyed spending time talking with the people that came to the clinic.

On Tuesday (today) - we went to an orphanage and I spent most of the time holding two children at a time. So much fun - especially when you have two fall asleep in your arms at once :)

The other highlight of my week has been watching the World Series with Mom and Dad via Skype. It has been fun - Go Yankees!

Unfortunately, the pictures are not posting right now. I will try again later

2 comments:

  1. I am so entrigued (I don't know if that is spelled right) by your journal.. It seems amazing.. I think of Pslams and each Psalm tells a story. Amazing.. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your adventures, Keri!!! God bless, and I will see you very soon.

    ReplyDelete